PG NEET Biochemistry Mcqs 9 – Amino Acids
51.Adenosyl methionine is necessary for synthesis of
52.Conversion of glycine to serine requires:
- Folic acid
- Vitamin C
- Fe 2+
- Phridoxal phosphate
Ans(1 and 5)
53.Xanthurenic acid is a product of metabolism of
- Glucuronic acid
- Noen of the above
54.N Methyl glycine is known as:
55.Glutamate is not a precursor of:
56.What is the metabolic defect inprimary oxaluria Type II?
- Glycine cleavage system
- Alanine glyoxalate amino transferate
- D glycerate dehydrogenase
- Excess vitamin C
57.In Hartnup’s disease is excreted in the urine:
58.All are true about glutathione except:
- It is a tripeptide
- It converts hemoglobin to methemoglobin
- It conjugates xenobiotics
- It is cofactor of various enzymes
59.Which of the following is a methyl group donor in biosynthesis:
61.Which of the following contributes carbon atom for the conversion of methionine to succinyl CoA:
62.In a case of classic homocystinuria what should be supplemented in the diet to prevent heart attacks:
- Methyl cobalmine
63.Xanthurenic acid is formed in the metabolism of:
64.Sulphur of cysteine are not used/utilised in the body for the following processproduct
- Help in the conversion of cyanide to thiocyanate
- Thiosulphate formation
- Introduction of sulphur in methionine
- Disulhiode bond formation between two adjacent peptide
65.In Maple syrup urine disease, there is increased excretioin of:
- Branched amino acids
- Untoranehed branched amino acids
- Fatty acids
66.N acetyl cysteine replenishes:
67. Which of the following is true about glutathione?
- Contain sulfhydral group
- Forms met Hb from Hb
- It does not detoxify superoxide radicals
- Transport amino acid across cell membrane
- Part of enzymes
68.Source of ammonia in urine is
- Glutamate dehydrogenase
69.In glytathione which amino acid is reducing agent:
- Glutamic acid
70.One nitrogen atom of urea is derived from
- NH Glycine
- Glycine of Aspartate
- NH of Aspartate
- Glutamate of Aspartate
71.Vasodilator produced by decarboxylation of:
- Glutamic acid
- Aspartic acid
72.Urea is formed in
73.Nitric oxide synthesized from:
74.The reactions of the urea cycle occurs in which one of the following?
- In the cytosol
- In Iysosomes
- In the mitochondrial matrix
- In the mitochondrial matrix and the cytosol
75.Histidine load test is used for:
- Folate deficiency
- Histidine deficiency
- Histamine deficiency
76.Carbamoyl phosphate is used in
- Uric acid
- Pyruvic acid
- Stearic acid
77.True about nitric oxide are all except:
- Produced from arginine
- Nitric oxide synthase has three isoforms
- Otherwise called endothelium derived relaxing factor
- Acts through cAMP
78.Triple helix is found in
79.The coiling & folding of protein requires
- Amide bond
- Phosphate bonds
- Sulphide bonds
- Hydrogen/Covalent bonds
80. Creatinine is formed from:
81.Alpha Helix structure
- Free rotation
- Hydrogen bond between peptides
- H bond within peptides
- Elecgtrostatic bond between two adjacent peptides
82.The primary role of chaperones is to help in
- Protein synthesis
- Protein denaturation
- Protein folding
83. Histidine is converted to histamine by which reaction?
84.An apha helix of a protein is most likely to be disrupted if a missense mutation introduces the following amino acid within the alpha helical structure:
- Aspartic acid
85. In MUSD amino acid that is excreted?
Ans(1 and 3)
86.Which is denaturing agent
87.Branched chain ketoacid decarboxylation is defective in:
- Maple syrup urine disease
- Hartnup disease
- GMI gangliosidosis
88.In terms of chemical structure, which one of the following is a tetrameric glycoprotein?
- Insulin receptors
89.MSUD type I A is due to mutation of:
90.In which of the following reactions is magnesium required?
91.Which one of the following statements concerning a non-week-old male infant with undetected classic phenylketonuria is correct?
- Tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid for the infant
- High levels of phenylpyruvate appear in his urine
- Therapy must begin within the first year of life.
- A diet devoid of phenylalanine should be initiated immediately.
92.Phenylalanine is the precursor of all the following except?
93.Urea cycle occurs in?
94.Which one of the following statements about the urea cycle is correct?
- The two nitrogen atoms that are incorporated into urea enter the cycle as ammonia and alanine
- Urea is produced directly by the hydrolysis of ornithine
- ATP is required for the reaction in which argininoseccinate is cleaved to form arginine
- Urinary urea is increased by a diat rich in protein.
95.The molecular weight of a protein can be determined by:
- Native Poly Acrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (PAGE)
- Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate PAGE
- Isoelectric focusing
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
96.Which one of the following products of protein metabolism is decreased below normal levels during the early stages of starvation?
- Anabolic enzymes
97.Which one of the following statements is correct?
- As increase in gluconeogenesis from amino acids results in a decrease in urea formation
- All essential amino acids are glycogenic
- Orinithine and citrulline are found in tissue proteins
- Cysteine is an essential amino acid in individuals consuming a diet severely limited in methionine.
98.True of isoenzymes?
- Same rate of work, catalize same reaction and have similar kinetics
- Same quaternary structure
- Same classification used
- Have similar distributions in organs
99.Zn is a cofactor of
- Alcoholic DH
- Pyruvate DH
- Pyruvate decarboxylase
- Alpha-keto acid DH glutamate dehydrogenase
100.In a critically ill patient, Amino acid supplementation will maintain positive nitrogen balance by?
- Increased gluconeogenesis
- Increased protein synthesis
- Decreased protein degradation
- Both, by decreased protein degradation and increased protein synthesis
Take the quiz to complete the lesson. For taking the quiz please enroll as a member of this site and join our gold course. Click here
All attempts have been made to give the right answers in case anything wrong please inform us through our comments section also refer standard textbooks